What to do if Your Vehicle is Stolen
- All claims must be reported before you leave the Republic of Mexico.
- Any claim not reported may be subject to denial.
- HDI Seguros toll free within Mexico 01-800-019-6000 or direct 01-477-710-4781
- Chubb Seguros toll free within Mexico 01-800-801-0117 or direct 01-818-864-9322
HDI or Chubb may send an adjuster to the scene to take a report. In addition, the theft must be reported to the following Mexican authorities:
- Ministerio Público (District Attorney's Office)
- Policía Federal Preventiva (PFP - Federal Police)
- Tránsito del Estado (State transit authorities)
- Seguridad Pública (Municipal police)
- Seguridad Vial (Transit safety)
The adjuster will help direct you to these authorities with the proper paperwork. The theft should be reported to the authorities in the country in which the vehicle is registered as well as the DMV as soon as possible.
Updated: Mar 23, 2018 02:16 PM