About Our Privacy and Security Policy
Your privacy and the security of your information are important to us. We make every effort to ensure that your privacy is protected and your information is secure. This policy discloses the privacy and security practices for Baja Bound Insurance Services, Inc. and Bajabound.com. Our Privacy and Security Policy applies solely to information collected by this website.
Our Privacy and Security Policy will help you understand:
- What personal information is collected from you through our website
- How it is used to provide insurance to you
- Who may have access to your information
- Your information is only used to provide you with Mexican insurance coverage
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your information
- How you may view and correct any inaccuracies in the information
- The security procedures in place to protect against the misuse of your information
What information is collected?
- Our online Mexican insurance application: Bajabound.com collects personal information you have entered voluntarily into our online Mexican insurance application including email address, name, date of birth, address, phone number, driver's license number, vehicle information, including VIN and plate number, and credit card number.
- Browser Information: Baja Bound automatically receives and records information from your computer and browser, including your IP address, software and hardware attributes, and the page you request.
How is it used to provide me with insurance?
Upon filling out our online Mexican insurance application, we store your information in your personal account. Some of the information you provide to us will be on your Mexican insurance policy. The Mexican insurance companies we represent, Chubb Seguros and HDI Seguros, have access to the information listed on your policy.
Who may have access to my information?
Your information is solely for the use of Baja Bound Insurance Services, Inc. and the insurance companies we represent - HDI Seguros and Chubb Seguros, and their third party providers - while providing you with Mexican insurance coverage and travel services (ie. Roadside assistance).
Your information is only used to provide you with Mexican insurance coverage.
Baja Bound Insurance Services, Inc. does not and will not share, rent, sell, or in any way furnish to outside agencies or parties (except those listed above) any of the information you provide us through this web site unless required by law.
How do you use my email address?
- Upon creating your account, Baja Bound sends an email to you regarding the features of your new account and how to access it.
- Upon purchasing a policy, Baja Bound emails the policy (or policies) as a downloadable attachment for your records.
- If you purchase a six month or an annual policy, Baja Bound emails out an expiration notifications about six weeks, three weeks and the day before the policy expires. You may not opt out of the expiration notifications.
- Occasionally Baja Bound emails important information regarding Mexican insurance policy changes or updates.
- If you opted in, you will receive the Baja Bound Bulletin, an online, monthly travel newsletter. You may unsubscribe from the Bulletin at any time by clicking on "Unsubscribe" at the foot of the newsletter.
How may I access my information or verify its accuracy?
You may access your account to immediately view your information or you may contact us for assistance. From your account, you may:
- View your information
- Change/correct your information
- Delete your information from Baja Bound's system
If you have issued a policy on our website, then deleting information from your Baja Bound account will not delete policies on file or delete your information from our Mexican insurers' databases.
How does Baja Bound ensure website security?
Securing and protecting your information is a top priority for our company. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. All of our online transactions are handled securely via 256 bit Secure Sockets Layer. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of the web page. In addition our web and database systems meet industry standards for security and data integrity. Specifically, our site complies with Payment Card Industry (PCI) requirements for online handling of customer information and credit card transactions.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Changes to Baja Bound's Privacy and Security Policy
Our Privacy and Security Policy may change at any time. Please be sure to review it when you visit our website.
Links to Other Websites
Baja Bound provides links to other websites you may be interested in as a convenience. Please review the privacy policies of those websites.
Use of Our Website
By using our website and entering your personal information, you are agreeing to the terms of our Privacy and Security Policy and Terms of Purchase. Please review these policies when using our website.
Would you like to contact us?
If you have any questions about or Privacy and Security Policy or Terms of Purchase, please contact us.
Updated June 6, 2017
Updated: Dec 01, 2017 03:12 PM