FAQs About Us
- Why do I need a Mexican insurance policy?
Once you cross the border into Mexico, your U.S. or Canadian insurance cannot legally help you prove your financial responsibility. Mexican insurance will instantly show authorities that you are able to pay damages to third parties even if you are not at fault. At
Baja Bound, our policies are provided by HDI
(formerly Genworth Seguros) located in Guanajuato, Mexico (part of the HDI-Gerling and Talanx family of companies
) and Chubb
, the Mexican subsidiary of Chubb located in Mexico City. Only those
written by a Mexican company are valid.
- Why should I choose Baja Bound Insurance Services over other agencies?
- Baja Bound Insurance Services has sold Mexican insurance since 1994 and was one of the first online to sell Mexican insurance in 1999. We are regulated by the California Department of Insurance. Our license number is 0D25373, and you may check our license status by visiting the Department's website: Check status. We also hold licenses in various other states.
- We carry an active professional liability policy that may cover you in case of errors and omissions on your Mexican insurance policy.
- Baja Bound Insurance Services is a direct agent of the Mexican insurers we represent. In case of a claim, we are here to assistance you. Many Mexican insurance websites are run by "subagents" who do not work directly, or have any relationship with, the Mexican insurance companies they represent.
- Baja Bound is also a member of the Better Business Bureau Online Reliability Program. We were honored with a Torch Award from the bureau in 2004 for exemplary business practices. View Baja Bound's BBB Business Review.
- We only represent Mexican insurance companies with U.S. and worldwide subsidiaries. HDI Seguros is part of the HDI-Gerling and Talanx family and Chubb Seguros is part of the Chubb family. Both companies settle claims in U.S. dollars and you may get your vehicle repaired in the U.S. if the vehicle is drivable.
- Customer service is our priority. If you have any questions about Mexican insurance or would like help to purchase a policy, please contact our customer service representatives Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm Pacific time.
- Our company believes in giving back to the community. We support many non-profit organizations whose mission is to strengthen the communities of Mexico. Visit our community pages.
- Check out our "Compare Us" page to use as a guideline for shopping for Mexican insurance.
- Can an insurance agency based in the U.S. sell Mexican insurance?
Yes. Baja Bound Insurance Services is a U.S. based agency, however we have a California Surplus Lines insurance license which allows us to represent and sell insurance from the Mexican insurance market. Our license number is 0D25373 and may be checked on the California Department of Insurance Website. We recommend checking the license of any Mexican insurance website you are thinking to do business with.
- Is the insurance I am purchasing from Bajabound.com, and Baja Bound Insurance Services, Inc. valid Mexican insurance, and will it cover me while I am in Mexico?
Yes, the insurance you are buying is valid and legitimate
Mexican insurance and provided by either
(subsidiary of Chubb)
or HDI Seguros
(part of the HDI-Gerling and Talanx family of companies).
At this time, Baja Bound Insurance Services, Inc. does almost 100% of its business online.
Yes. Your privacy is important to us. Baja Bound Insurance Services, Inc. will not share, rent, sell, or in any way furnish to outside agencies or parties any of the information you provide us through this web site.
to learn more.
- What are your business hours?
Our office hours are Monday-Friday 9am - 5pm Pacific time. You may reach customer service at 1-888-552-2252.
- Is the online process safe?
Yes. All transactions are authenticated securely by Norton.
- What forms of payment are accepted?
We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, and money orders. Checks are also accepted for six month and annual policies. If you would like to pay by check or money order, we will finish your policy upon receipt and email your policy information to you.
- What is your refund policy?
Baja Bound cancels and refunds policies as per the guidelines outlined by the insurance company. If your policy has not begun, you may cancel your policy anytime online by logging into your account
, clicking on the More
button to the right of your policy information and selecting Cancel.
The policy premium will be refunded in full.
If your policy has begun, cancellations and refunds are calculated by the daily rate, not prorated. Unearned premium may be refunded. For long term policies, premiums are fully earned by the insurer generally within the first 20-30 days of use. Policies cannot be refunded if a claim has been filed.
Notify Baja Bound immediately to request a policy cancellation and refund by contacting us.
- What about other questions regarding Mexican insurance for automobiles, trucks, motorhomes, RV's, buses, motorcycles/ATV's?
- Does Baja Bound issue other types of Mexican insurance, like watercraft, home, aircraft, commercial vehicles, and traveler's insurance?
At this time we offer coverage for autos, trucks,
motorhomes, RV's, motorcycles, ATV's, buses (non-commercial), trailers, boats and personal watercraft.
However, we can refer you to people who sell other types.
Use the contact form
or send us an email and we will be happy to help you.
Updated: Mar 15, 2018 11:03 AM