New App Takes the Guesswork Out of Crossing TJ’s Borders
Download now from the App Store or Google Play Store!
- San Ysidro and Otay Mesa crossings
- Southbound and northbound border cameras
- Cams for Standard, Ready, SENTRI, Pedestrian lanes
- Southbound cam for the 5/805 merge - Helps to know which highway has a shorter line!
- Set favorite cam views for quick access to the cams you use most often
- Set alerts when the border meets your crossing criteria, for example when the Ready Lane is 20 minutes long
- Allow push notifications to inform you of major border delays
San Diego, CA / Tijuana, BC, July 1, 2016 – BorderTraffic.com’s one-of-a-kind mobile app gives travelers what no other source can – reliable, up-to-the-minute, comprehensive video coverage of the San Ysidro and Otay Mesa ports of entry that lets them easily choose when and where to cross and which lane to use to save the most time. To help travelers less familiar with the crossings, video analytics are used to generate exclusive AccuWait time estimates in hours/minutes.
Over 300,000 people per month trust BorderTraffic.com as the only accurate source of 24/7 information about Tijuana’s two crossings. When they began clamoring for an app, company president, Greg Yova, determined to do things differently: “I get frustrated with apps that seem like they’re made to show off how clever the designers are rather than actually doing what the user needs. So we asked our site users to help create our app. Through multiple surveys, they told us what they want and then helped us refine it.”
The result is a robust app with simpler navigation to higher quality videos and more views. Useful features have been added like Time My Crossing and My Favorite Videos which allows travelers to compare two different crossing options in mere seconds. My Alerts automatically contacts users when their preprogrammed criteria is met, e.g., “Notify me when the San Ysidro Ready Lane wait is less than 15 minutes.”
Border unpredictability is legendary – seasoned crossers know there’s no “good time to cross” that always holds true. The addition of “fast” lanes has complicated things further and often creates counter-intuitive scenarios where the “slow” lanes have a shorter wait than the “fast” lanes. Border reports from radio, television, Facebook, and government are often incomplete, incorrect, or unavailable when the crosser needs them.
While crossing the world’s busiest border will never be completely stress-free, BorderTraffic.com’s app certainly removes most of the unknowns and lets travelers relax, confident that they have round-the-clock access to the trustworthy information needed to avoid wasted time and ensure the most efficient trip possible every time. App user, Marie Acosta, agrees, “What an incredible app! I’ve lived my whole life in Tijuana and nothing helps like this.”
- Live cameras at the San Ysidro and Otay Mesa border crossings
- Regular, SENTRI, Ready Lane and Pedestrian lane cameras
- Camera to view the southbound traffic into Mexico
- Current border wait times for San Ysidro and Otay Mesa
- Easier and faster navigation to the information you need
- Better views and quality from existing cameras
- More cameras and views to show the ends of the lines
- My Favorite Videos feature gives you one-click navigation to the videos you use most often.
- My Alerts feature lets you program automatic notifications based on your particular lanes and wait times
- AccuWait is a major, new technological advance that provides wait time estimates based on video analytics. The company that created it is allowing it to be used at the San Ysidro and Otay border crossings. It should give us wait time estimates that are 90% accurate versus whatever has been available in the past. AccuWait can only be found in the Border Traffic App.
- Time My Crossing feature allows you to track your wait times. Plus, each time you use it, you’re helping the AccuWait feature to become even more accurate.
- More crossings in Baja will be covered so that Baja will be the first state to have live video updates and AccuWait wait time estimates for all the major crossings.
Download the app now from the Play Store or the App Store. Ten percent of profits will be donated to Tijuana orphanages.
Updated: Jan 18, 2018 04:53 PM