Get Mexican Insurance Get A Quote

Passports Highly Recommended

Passports, Passport Cards, SENTRI, NEXUS, FAST/EXPRES, or Enhanced Drivers License Highly Recommended for Faster U.S. Entry

U.S. citizens entering the U.S. from Mexico starting June 1st, 2009 will need a U.S. passport or other accepted forms of ID to cross the border by land with less hassle.

These other forms of ID will also be accepted:

If I do not have a passport or other accepted documents, will I be able to get back into the U.S.?

We have heard that yes, you will be granted access back into the U.S., but you may be subject to secondary inspection delays. Sometimes travelers use their birth certificate and drivers license like in the past. It is also important to consider that if you need a tourist card (aka tourist visa/FMM) from Mexican Immigration authorities, they require a passport or a passport card to issue the FMM.

Need a passport right away? Click on the logo below for expedited passport processing.

More Information

Visit the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative website, for more details.

"Just wanted to let you know about the great customer service the Baja Bound team delivers. I called today to transfer my current policy to a new vehicle and Jennifer and Irene did a great job taking care of my request. Your service is the quickest and highest quality for Mexican insurance." - R.C., San Francisco, CA.

"Third or fourth time I’ve used you guys, I’m in good hands." - E.Z., Davis, CA.

"It was streamlined and simple." - B.W., Santa Rosa, CA.

Baja Bound Insurance Services Inc BBB Business Review