Photo Directions to the Ready Lane San YsidroView Finding the San Ysidro Ready Lane from the Scenic Toll Road (Mexico 1) in a larger map
Need help finding the Ready Lanes? Print these handy photo directions and check out our Ready Lane video.
What is the Ready Lane? The Ready Lanes are dedicated lanes for use by travelers who carry RFID compliant cards such as the passport card, SENTRI card, or enhanced driver's license. Passports are not accepted in this lane. Read more...
1. After passing through the toll booth, you will see Playas de Tijuana on the left.
2. Continue. The road will pass over a valley after going under the foot bridge.
3. Next you will pass over another larger valley.
4. Here there are two choices - going straight via Calle Segunda, an
alternate route or take a RIGHT for AVENIDA INTERNACIONAL, the main
route (aka Vía Internacional or Internacional). We will follow the AVENIDA
INTERNACIONAL route for these directions.
5. Continue up the hill.
6. Now Avenida Internacional is paralleling the U.S./Mexico border.
7. Continue for a few miles.
8. Watch for the SAN DIEGO/INTERSTATE 5 signs and continue to follow them.
(This photo also shows an exit sign for Avenida Revolución. The Avenida
Revolución exit is an alternate way to find the borderline on Calle
9. Once you cross under this bridge, prepare to exit to the RIGHT.
10. Exit RIGHT before the PEMEX gas station onto AV. MELCHOR OCAMPO.
11. Take a left onto CALLE SEGUNDA/BENITO JUAREZ.
12. Follow the signs for COL. FEDERAL - between the concrete dividers
13. Go up the bridge, there will be a kiosk for the medical lane/Fast Pass
lane on the left. Continue STRIAGHT, following the white car
down toward Colonia Federal.
14. Make a U-TURN at the ALTO sign.
15. Next, you will go over a large speed bump. Stay to the RIGHT of the
concrete dividers (but do not exit to the far right, stay in the middle.)
Follow the large sign that says PASEO CENTENARIO/SAN DIEGO to pass
under the bridge.
16. Continue STRAIGHT after the ALTO. On your right is Pueblo Amigo
17. At the glorietta, called La Diana, curve around 180 degrees to continue
STRAIGHT to the next glorietta.
18. At the next glorietta, take a hard RIGHT onto the FRONTAGE road
(not up the bridge.)
19. Below is the frontage road, you can see the bridge up to the left.
20. At the ALTO, take a RIGHT onto the VIA RAPIDA frontage road.
21. Get ready to merge LEFT onto the VIA RAPIDA (following the red car).
22. Follow the signs for SAN DIEGO/INTERSTATE 5 and then the READY
LANE street signs. The Ready Lane will be separated with concrete dividers.
23. The Ready Lane
More Information about the Ready Lanes
Video directions to the San Ysidro Ready Lane
About the Ready Lanes in San Ysidro and Otay Mesa
Updated: Apr 13, 2018 02:23 PM