1. After passing through the toll booth, you will see Playas de Tijuana on the left.
2. Continue. The road will pass over a valley after going under the foot bridge.
3. Next you will pass over another larger valley.
4. Take a RIGHT to merge onto VIA INTERNACIONAL.
5. Continue up the hill.
6. Now Vía Internacional is paralleling the U.S./Mexico border.
7. Continue for a few miles.
8. Watch for the SAN DIEGO/INTERSTATE 5 signs and continue to follow them. (This photo also shows an exit sign for Avenida Revolución. The Avenida Revolución exit is an alternate way to find the borderline on Calle
9. Once you cross under this bridge, prepare to exit to the RIGHT.
10. Exit RIGHT before the PEMEX gas station onto AV. MELCHOR OCAMPO.
11. Take a left onto CALLE SEGUNDA/BENITO JUAREZ.
12. Follow the signs for COL. FEDERAL - between the concrete dividers
13. Go up the bridge, and you will pass the the medical lane which is also the Fast Pass Lane. Continue STRAIGHT down toward Col. Federal following the white car.
14. Make a U-TURN at the Alto sign.
15. Next, you will go over a large speed bump. Stay to the RIGHT of the concrete dividers (but do not exit to the far right, stay in the middle.) Follow the large sign that says PASEO CENTENARIO/SAN DIEGO to pass under the bridge.
16. At the first ALTO sign continue straight.
17. At the second ALTO make a left.
18. Continue down the block to the ALTO.
19. At the ALTO there are two options. Option 1 (Short Cut): If the line is short and there is no cop, you may take a left to get into the SENTRI line. (Option 2 is explained further below if the line is longer.)
20. Option 1 Continued - Take a left at the new SENTRI entrance. This intersection is a bit tricky since the ALTO signs for each way are a bit far from each other. Be sure to look up to the left for the blue SENTRI sign, or you may end up in Col. Federal!