Photo Directions to San Ysidro SENTRI
Option 1: Short-Cut Route:
The map below is one possible route of several to the new SENTRI entrance. Directions below start at the exit off of Avenida Internacional to reach Calle Segunda (Benito Juárez).
View Find the San Ysidro SENTRI from Calle Segunda - Short Cut in a larger map
1. After passing through the toll booth, you will see Playas de Tijuana on the left.
2. Continue. The road will pass over a valley after going under the foot bridge.
3. Next you will pass over another larger valley.
4. Take a RIGHT to merge onto VIA INTERNACIONAL.
5. Continue up the hill.
6. Now Vía Internacional is paralleling the U.S./Mexico border.
7. Continue for a few miles.
8. Watch for the SAN DIEGO/INTERSTATE 5 signs and continue to follow them.
(This photo also shows an exit sign for Avenida Revolución. The Avenida
Revolución exit is an alternate way to find the borderline on Calle
9. Once you cross under this bridge, prepare to exit to the RIGHT.
10. Exit RIGHT before the PEMEX gas station onto AV. MELCHOR OCAMPO.
11. Take a left onto CALLE SEGUNDA/BENITO JUAREZ.
12. Follow the signs for COL. FEDERAL - between the concrete dividers
13. Go up the bridge, and you will pass the the medical lane which is also
the Fast Pass Lane. Continue STRAIGHT down toward Col. Federal
following the white car.
14. Make a U-TURN at the Alto sign.
15. Next, you will go over a large speed bump. Stay to the RIGHT of
the concrete dividers (but do not exit to the far right, stay in the
middle.) Follow the large sign that says PASEO CENTENARIO/SAN DIEGO
to pass under the bridge.
16. At the first ALTO sign continue straight.
17. At the second ALTO make a left.
18. Continue down the block to the ALTO.
19. At the ALTO there are two options. Option 1 (Short Cut): If the line is
short and there is no cop, you may take a left to get into the SENTRI line.
(Option 2 is explained further below if the line is longer.)
20. Option 1 Continued - Take a left at the new SENTRI entrance. This
intersection is a bit tricky since the ALTO signs for each way are a bit far
from each other. Be sure to look up to the left for the blue SENTRI sign,
or you may end up in Col. Federal!
21. Option 1 Continued - Driving toward the line.
Option 2: When the line is longer
Directions below start at the exit off of Avenida Internacional to reach Calle Segunda (Benito Juárez).
View Find the San Ysidro SENTRI Line - Long SENTRI Line in a larger map
22. After taking a RIGHT at the ALTO (Photo 19), continue STRAIGHT
for several blocks.
23. In front will be the Padre Kino glorietta. Continue
around the glorietta to do a u-turn. There are two ALTO signs.
24. One of the two ALTO signs.
25. Driving towards the entrance, follow the SENTRI Lane signs.
26. At the ALTO, follow the signs STRAIGHT into the SENTRI entrance.
Option 3: Paseo de los Héroes
View Calle Segunda - Paseo de los Héroes - SENTRI Lane in a larger map
More SENTRI Information
View video directions to the San Ysidro SENTRI lane
About the SENTRI program
Official SENTRI website
Learn how your SENTRI pass saves you money on your Mexican insurance policy with Baja Bound.
Updated: Jan 18, 2018 04:29 PM