You may also like to read FAQs about Mexican insurance.
1. Why do I need a Mexican insurance policy?
Once you cross the border into Mexico, your U.S. or Canadian insurance cannot legally help you prove your financial responsibility. Mexican insurance will instantly show authorities that you are able to pay damages to third parties even if you are not at fault. At Baja Bound, our policies are provided by HDI Seguros (formerly Genworth Seguros) located in Guanajuato, Mexico (part of the HDI-Gerling and Talanx family of companies) and ACE Seguros, the Mexican subsidiary of ACE-INA located in Mexico City. Only those written by a Mexican company are valid.
2. Why should I choose Baja Bound Insurance Services over other agencies?
3. Can an insurance agency based in the U.S. sell Mexican insurance?
Yes. Baja Bound Insurance Services is a U.S. based agency, however we have a California Surplus Lines insurance license which allows us to represent and sell insurance from the Mexican insurance market. Our license number is 0D25373 and may be checked on the California Department of Insurance Website. We recommend checking the license of any Mexican insurance website you are thinking to do business with.
4. Is the insurance I am purchasing from Bajabound.com, and Baja Bound Insurance Services, Inc. valid Mexican insurance, and will it cover me while I am in Mexico?
Yes, the insurance you are buying is valid and legitimate Mexican insurance and provided by either ACE Seguros (subsidiary of ACE-INA) or HDI Seguros (part of the HDI-Gerling and Talanx family of companies). At this time, Baja Bound Insurance Services, Inc. does almost 100% of its business online.
6. What are your business hours?
Our office hours are Monday-Friday 9am - 5pm Pacific time. You may reach customer service at 1-888-552-2252.
7. Is the online process safe?
Yes. All transactions are authenticated securely by Norton.
8. What forms of payment are accepted?
We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, and money orders. Checks are also accepted for six month and annual policies. If you would like to pay by check or money order, we will finish your policy upon receipt and email your policy information to you.
9. What is your refund policy?
If your policy has not begun, you may cancel your policy anytime online by logging into your account, and clicking on "Cancel" on the menu to the right of your policy. The entire policy premium will be refunded.
If your policy has begun, whether or not it may be canceled depends upon how much time has passed since the policy began. The refund is calculated according to the premium earned on the number of days used. Premiums are fully earned by the insurer within the first thirty days they are active for auto policies and 20 days for watercraft liability policies. Daily watercraft liability policies are not refundable.
Policies cannot be refunded if a claim has been filed.
If you would like to cancel a policy or change a vehicle, please call our office toll free 1-888-552-2252 Monday-Friday 9am - 5pm Pacific time.
10. What about other questions regarding Mexican insurance for automobiles, trucks, motorhomes, RV's, buses, motorcycles/ATV's watercraft and other vehicles?
11. Does Baja Bound issue other types of Mexican insurance, including commercial vehicles, home, aircraft and traveler's insurance?At this time we offer coverage for autos, trucks, motorhomes, RV's, motorcycles, ATV's, buses (non-commercial), trailers, boats and personal watercraft. However, we can refer you to people who sell other types. Use the contact form or send us an email and we will be happy to help you.
If you couldn't find your answer here, please use our contact form or send email to: service(at)bajabound.com.