Need help finding the SENTRI lane? Print and take these handy directions with you. Also check out our video directions to the San Ysidro SENTRI lane.
1. After passing through the toll booth, you will see Playas de Tijuana on the left.
2. Continue. The road will pass over a valley after going under the foot bridge.
3. Next you will pass over another larger valley.
4. Here there are two choices - going straight via Calle Segunda, an alternate route or take a RIGHT for VIA INTERNACIONAL, the main route. We will follow the VIA INTERNACIONAL route for these directions.
5. Continue up the hill.
6. Now Vía Internacional is paralleling the U.S./Mexico border.
7. Continue for a few miles.
8. Watch for the SAN DIEGO/INTERSTATE 5 signs and continue to follow them. (This photo also shows an exit sign for Avenida Revolución. The Avenida Revolución exit is an alternate way to find the borderline on Calle
9. Once you cross under this bridge, prepare to exit to the RIGHT.
10. Exit RIGHT before the PEMEX gas station onto AV. MELCHOR OCAMPO.
11. Take a left onto CALLE SEGUNDA/BENITO JUAREZ.
12. Follow the signs for COL. FEDERAL - between the concrete dividers and curb.
13. Go up the bridge, and you will pass the the medical lane which is also the Fast Pass Lane. Continue STRAIGHT down toward Col. Federal following the white car.
14. Make a U-TURN at the Alto sign.
15. Next, you will go over a large speed bump. Stay to the RIGHT of the concrete dividers (but do not exit to the far right, stay in the middle.) Follow the large sign that says PASEO CENTENARIO/SAN DIEGO to pass under the bridge.
16. At the first ALTO sign, take a LEFT at your own risk. (There is a "no left turn" sign here, but you will notice locals do it. Otherwise see Alternate Route below.) Off to the right is Pueblo Amigo shopping center.
17. Follow the SENTRI signs on the overpass and curve to the left.
18. Follow the SENTRI signs straight ahead.
If the SENTRI line is too long or you do not want to take a left at the ALTO (photo 16), continue STRAIGHT. Take a RIGHT at the next ALTO, which is a glorietta called La Diana. This road is on the side of Pueblo Amigo.
Take another RIGHT onto the VIA RAPIDA FRONTAGE ROAD (shown below). These lanes are behind Pueblo Amigo and will take you directly into the SENTRI line.