MEDEX International Travel Medical Insurance
You know how to find a good cardiologist, dentist or lawyer when you are safe at home, but how do you find one in a foreign country? You don't speak the language, your insurance might not cover you and your credit limit isn't enough to pay a hospital bill - now what?
For thirty years, travelers have prepared for the unexpected by counting on MEDEX's international assistance, medical insurance and emergency evacuation coverage. From lost passports to medical emergencies, MEDEX can help you - anytime, anywhere.
Why You Need International Medical Insurance
When you travel abroad, does your health insurance travel with you? Probably not. MEDEX's insurance does. We also pay directly to foreign hospitals and cover evacuations. MEDEX's policies offer up to $100,000 in benefits, and have deductibles as low as $100, protecting your health - and your wallet.
Why You Need MEDEX Insurance
MEDEX's international medical insurance is different from other insurance services in that it is backed by the 24/7 MEDEX Emergency Response Center. This unique call center is staffed by MEDEX's team of physicians, nurses and assistance coordinators. Together, they manage more than 40,000 resources, representing 37 medical specialties, 120 air ambulances, and 100 Medical Centers of Excellence that have passed our rigorous approval process.
When you purchase a policy from MEDEX, you also receive a wealth of other benefits, including:
- Worldwide medical and dental referrals
- 24-hour monitoring of treatment
- Facilitation of hospital payments
- Medication, vaccine and blood transfers
- Dispatch of doctors or specialists
- Transfer of medical records
- Continuous updates to family, employer and home physician
- Hotel arrangements for convalescence
- Replacement of corrective lenses and medical devices
- Replacement of lost or stolen travel documents
- Emergency transfer of funds
- Legal referrals
- Translation services
- Transportation to join a hospitalized member
- Return of dependent children
- Transportation after stabilization following a medical emergency
- Repatriation of mortal remains
No matter the emergency, MEDEX will find you help. We will take care of you. And we will get you home.